This position is defined as an experienced and highly analytical Mortgage Closer/Funder to coordinate all phases of loan closing and funding. The Mortgage Closer/funder’s responsibilities include preparing loan closing packages, communicating with all parties involved in the transaction, and ensuring that all paperwork is complete, accurate, and in compliance with legal regulations. A successful Mortgage Closer should be detail-oriented, have a great sense of organization, and be able to maintain accurate closing schedules.
Mortgage Closer/Funder Responsibilities:
- Establish communication and follow-up to acquire title and closing related fees and details
- Review and update loan origination system data needed to populate CD for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete key mortgage-related fields in our Encompass origination system.
- Prepare initial Closing Disclosure “CD”. Have an understanding of mortgage-related terms and types of programs. Conduct detailed review of all fees for accuracy.
- Test fee totals for RESPA and QM/HOEPA compliance.
- Work with manager to cure failures.
- Rework of CD when necessary.
- Compare RESPA CD to initial Loan Estimate (LE) and subsequent revised LE’s for final review, reconciliation, and final adjustments.
- Identify and address timing rule failures.
- Manage and resolve any concerns, problems, and documentation issues.
- Coordinate mortgage closing proceedings and maintain accurate closing schedules
- Advise all parties of any changes or issues that may occur to ensure high quality standards and customer service.
- Complete all disbursement procedures for issuing of funds to attorneys/title company, any necessary refund checks, and release of escrow monies withheld.
- Respond to and resolves technical and complex problems that arise.
- Follow up on any deficiency requests by Shipping and Post-Closing to ensure timely procedure for loan funding.
- Keep abreast of industry regulations and changes and Recommend procedural changes to management.
Mortgage Closer/Funder Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Loan closer/funder or similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of closing procedures, loan processes, documentation and current regulatory requirements affecting mortgage loans
- Good understanding of banking computer software and MS Office.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Good multitasking abilities, organization, math and time management skills.
Please Apply Online or Email your resume to: email@example.com